5.08.2011

Letter to Rolling Stone

So I read the article in April 28th’s Rolling Stone about “the most hated girl on the internet,” and I have to say, “Really?” I can’t tell if I’m more blown away by the fact that I am supposed to feel sorry for the family who is claiming to be terrorized by a bunch of teenagers who are posting hateful comments on their scenester daughter’s multiple webpages or the fact that this shit is really happening.
First of all, no parent should allow a fourteen-year-old girl to post provocative photos and videos of herself online. This goes way beyond personal freedom; it’s straight-up exploitation, either allowed, encouraged or simply unchecked. Can you honestly tell me that a fourteen-year-old girl doesn’t know anything about sex or, as she claims in the article, doesn’t know what masturbation is? You must be joking.
If this family was honest about their lives being ruined by their daughter’s sudden and supposedly undesired fame, they would have changed their name and moved far away from Florida by now in order to escape this humiliating limelight. And not only that, they wouldn’t be allowing the kid to continue posting videos of herself dancing in her underwear all over the internet! It’s madness. The fact is that this family loves being a celebrity and that pitiful sob-story is their legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment