I
I have stood upon the rock and gnashed my teeth
Below me, a million veins pumped to
Personalized rhythms of demise
II
While hills grew up around me in rings preordained
A vision of decay was all that remained
No fire of spirit kindl’d to fight or succumb
Only my numbness withstood the heat of the sun
There are ancient mysteries, lives in these stones:
Some that I’ve loved, while others unknown
Writ in the leaves foolish fates entwined
“We are victims all of the witches of time!”
Souls meant to seek them for years soon shorn
Or others to weep ‘til blessed all distorts
Follow me not, young lovers at home,
There will always be clouds, wherever I roam
III
Creatures of habit, malice and spite
Tread far into dreams, the mission to blight
The fantasy reigns and milky moonlight
No hope here retained for those who do right
Heroes, move on, and lovers escape
Run for the dawn, where smoke is the wraith
These plums are bleeding, the insects retreating
To kingdoms they’re leading, where hearts stay beating
The world is folding beneath my heel
And yet this stone will never yield
It will stay fast to weep like the willow
For I stand upon it, and I will it so
No comments:
Post a Comment